If you are looking for a quick, healthy and delicious dish, Stir Fried Okra with Garlic is among your best choices because it is easy to cook it in just 10 minutes.
The health benefits of Okra
Okra has been known as a healthy vegetable and herb because of its rich content of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin C, and so on.
Traditional therapy for diabetes
For a long time, people have used okra as a traditional therapy for type 2 diabetes.
Besides, okra water is proven to help manage blood glucose levels.
The high amount of fiber in the green sticky veggies like okra accelerate the digestion process in the body.
It also helps you get rid of waste material from the bowels more easily.
Okra helps improve your digestion / Source: healthcheckbox.com
Lowers Cholesterol Levels
Okra can reduce the levels of total cholesterol levels because it is a good source of fiber as 100gr of okra provides 3.2 gr of fiber.
And with the lower cholesterol levels, you may reduce the risks of getting heart diseases – one of the most popular “killers” nowadays.
The health benefits of garlic
Lower total and LDL cholesterol
Similar to okra, garlic can decrease the levels of total and LDL cholesterol, meaning that you will have fewer chance to get heart disease if you eat garlic often.
Prevent Alzheimer Disease and Dementia
Garlic contains a high number of antioxidants that will reduce oxidative stress along with high blood pressure.
So, eating more garlic will help you prevent Alzheimer disease and Dementia.
A heavy metals detox
The high doses of sulfur compounds in garlic have been shown to remove heavy metal from our body and improve our organs’ health.
Stir-fried Okra With Garlic Recipe
- 200 gram okras
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp red chilies
Step 1: Wash the okra andremove the sticky liquid
- Wash the okraswith water. Then remove the okra stalks and put the okras in salty water for15-20 minutes.Note: If youdon’t have time, put these okras in the boiled salt water for 1-2 minutes.By puttingthem in salt water, we’ll remove sticky liquid from the okras.
Step 2: Wash and cut theokras
- Rewash theokra with cold water and cut them in half.
Step 3: Smash the garlic andchop them (if you like)
Step 4: Boil the oil withgarlic
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the sunflower oil ina large frying pan over medium-high heatWait until itboils and put the garlic in the pan.
Step 5: Gently put the okrasin your pan
- When you smellthe aroma of the garlic, gently put the okras in your pan.Tips: Beforeputting the garlic in the pan, add a teaspoon of salt to prevent oil fromsplattering.
Step 6: Cook and cook
- Shake the panfrequently to move the okra pods around inside around 3-5 minutes.Then add 1-2teaspoon of salt in the pan.Keep shakinguntil the okras become brown on the edges and are tender to the bite.Note: To makethe okras crunchier you can turn off the heat when you see it turn to lightdark green. And then quickly put them on the plate.
This post is also available in: English