As you may know, European cuisine is considered to be the most sophisticated and luxurious in the world. The skillful bakers try their best to take care of each dish to achieve the perfect look and taste.
One example of this meticulous care is black forest cake, whose original German name is Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte.
European bakers make the black forest cake from a cocoa cake, covered with fresh cream and decorated with cherry, which creates its charm and taste.
Black forest cakes will be the best gifts for any occasion: birthday, anniversary, or any other celebration, because they are not only everyone’s favorite dessert but also show our sincerity to the receivers.
Black Forest Cake At Home: An Easy Way To Make The Most Sophisticated Cake In The World
- A mixing bowl
- An electric mixer
- An Oven
- A baking sheet
- A flour sifter
- Parchment paper
- A spatula
- Ice-cream bag
- Tools for sweeping cream
- 50 g flour
- 10 g corn flour
- 1 g salt
- 1 g cocoa powder
- 4 chicken eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 42 g melted butter
- 4 ml vanilla essence
Cream covered part:
- 190 g cream cheese
- 50 g sugar (divided into two parts: 20gr and 30gr)
- 500 ml fresh cream
- 3 ml vanilla essence
- Sugar syrup
- 2 Cherry (cut into small pieces)
- To make the cake, mix the prepared flour, corn flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Then sift the mixture through a sieve into a big bowl.
- Take another bowl to put in the chicken eggs that you already prepared. To beat the eggs, use an electric mixer.
- Slowly pour the sugar in the egg mixture while beating. Remember to keep doing that until you get a smooth yellow mixture.
- Now pour the flour mixture in step 1 into the bowl of the egg mixture that we did in step 2. To blend two parts of the mixture, use the folding technique. Then add melted butter and vanilla essence to mix.
- At first, place the parchment paper in the baking sheet. Then pour the flour mixture into the tray and put that mold in the oven. Remember to bake at a temperature of 175 degrees C for 25 minutes.
- While waiting for the cake, move on to make a cream covered part. With the cream covered, use the electric mixer to whisk cream cheese with 20g of sugar in a clean bowl.
- Take another bowl. In that bowl, whisk fresh cream with vanilla essence and add the remaining 30g of sugar. Remember to keep whisking until it becomes a thick yellow mixture.
- After whisking, you use a spoon to scoop up a scoop of whipped cream in step 6 then put into a mixture of cream cheese that we did in step 5. To blend two parts of the mixture, use the folding technique. Next, pour the mixture into the ice cream bag.
- When the cake is cooked, cut it into three parts. Next, place one of three parts on the chopping board or plate, sweep one layer of sugar syrup, then inject the cream mixture in step 7 onto the face. Now, spread that cream mixture evenly to place on the small pieces of cherry. PUt another one piece of cake on, re-apply the cream and fill the cherry. Keep doing one by one until finished.
- After applying the cream and placing small pieces of cherry on the last layer, you can add more ice cream, cherry or chocolate for decoration, which depends on your preference!
If you have a sweet tooth and are managing your weight, you might wonder about the nutrition information of a black forest cake.
In general, a single serving of black forest cake provides us with 282 calories and 120 calories from fat.
The nutrition summary of a piece of cake is 13.38g of fat, 40.66g of carbohydrate, and 2.57g of protein. The calorie breakdown is 41% fat, 55% carb, and 4% protein.
To those concerned about losing weight, eating a black forest cake might not be a good idea. But it is not bad if we only eat it on a special occasion.
To those who don’t know how to choose a gift on holidays, black forest cakes, especially when you make them by yourself, are the best option. Because it is not only a tasty dessert but also presents our sincerity to the receivers.
If you think my black forest cake recipe is useful, please like/comment/share to encourage me. Thank you for reading.