How To Make A Steamy Pot Of Sour Eel Soup
A warm bowl of soup is the best way to finish your meal. It brings you the balanced flavors after the saltiness of your previous dishes.
Today, we will guide you through the steps of making the sour eel soup. Why should you cook this dish right away?
First of all, eels are incredibly good for your health: it can decrease the consumption of bad cholesterol, which leads to higher chances of avoiding dangerous cardiovascular disease.
And that’s not the best part. The nutrition value in eels also lies in the benefits for your eyes and brain. You won’t feel like your eyes are straining too much when you’re working long hours, and headaches will appear less often. Plus, your bones will become stronger and endure pressure better.
There are more health benefits that eels can bring you, but we’ve only listed the essential ones.
Secondly, the vegetables that come with the soup are great for you, too. Tomatoes can fight back most types of cancer and boost kidney functions. Pineapples can also fight against cancer, and strengthen the immune system.
Last but not least, the soup will add more flavors to the meal. Just one bite of the eel meat, or one sip of the broth and you will never forget the experience. We guarantee that your hearty meal wouldn’t get any better.
Now that we’ve introduced you to this amazing dish, let’s move on to the most anticipated part: the sour eel soup recipe. We’ve created this step-by-step tutorial with all the necessary details displayed to be easy to understand, even with beginner chefs.
Let’s start cooking together!
How To Make A Steamy Pot Of Sour Eel Soup
- Cutting board
- Medium bowl
- Wooden spoon or clean gloves
- Frying pan
- Large Pot
- 150 gram eel
- 1 gram saw leaf
- 1 bowl tamarind pulp
- 100 gram okra
- 100 gram bean sprout
- 50 gram super-sized elephant-ear
- 2 fruit tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp fresh pineapple
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1 gram small shallots
- After you’ve washed the eel meat thoroughly, cut it into bite size and let it dry.
- Wash the okra. You can cut them into 2 or 3 pieces depending on your preferences. We recommend the bite-size for more convenience.
- Using a medium bowl, add the eel meat, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 2 tablespoons salt, 2 tablespoons sugar. You can sprinkle the salt and sugar evenly on the meat. Mix everything with a wooden spoon. If you’d like to be more careful, cover your hands in gloves and mix the seasoning. Let the combination soak into the meat.
- Heat the frying pan on the stove. Pour in the cooking oil, then add 2 tablespoons garlic. When the garlic is sizzling in the oil, start stir-frying the eel meat. Continue until the meat is almost done. You can see the golden brown color on the surface. Pour in one bowl of tamarind pulp. Let it simmer with low heat.
- ut the one half of pineapple into bite-sized pieces then put them in a clean bowl. Continue cutting the tomatoes and super-sized elephant-ear into wedges. Transfer them to the bowl of pineapple pieces. Move on with the shallots. You will need to mince them.
- Stir-fry the pineapple, tomato and super-sized elephant-ear pieces in a hot pan with shallots. You can stop when everything has a nice golden surface.
- Fill the large pot with a liter of fresh water. Heat the pot until the water boils, then add the vegetables you’ve prepared in the previous step. You can use the soup ladle or a large spoon to avoid the hot water splashing when you add the vegetables.
- Wait for the water to boil a second time. Transfer the eel meat, bean sprouts, and okra into the soup. You can turn off the stove after letting the soup shimmer with medium heat.
It’s Soup Tasting Time!Serve the steamy soup in a large bowl and bring them to the table. The unique aroma will surely convince even the pickiest eater to try the dish. Prepare a small bowl of fish sauce and get ready for your unforgettable meal time. Dip the eel meat into the sauce and savor the special taste. This is a quick and easy soup that you can often cook for your family meal time. The ingredients are extremely healthy, and the flavors are absolutely amazing. Plus, eating the eels often will improve your health!
This post is also available in: English