The festive season is the time for family gatherings, especially on the occasions such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve. This means you will join everyone in cooking the holiday dishes that will make a warm and tasty family dinner.
The dining table will usually be filled with traditional dishes. This time, to spice everything up, you can try a whole new recipe for the main course: the honey glazed roasted pork leg.
This dish doesn’t require high cooking skills so you won’t have much trouble even if you’re a beginner in the kitchen. Plus, the list of ingredients is very simple, which means there’s plenty of room to add a bit of personal touch with herbs, vegetables or spice.
Choosing the menu for the family dinner can be a challenging task since you need to consider the children. This pork recipe will solve the difficult task. While it is flavorful, the major part of it includes honey, so it is suitable for everyone’s taste.
From the first cut when the dish is served, your family will surely be surprised by the unique aroma and the scrumptious meat. It blends perfectly with the sweet honey sauce.
Moreover, the cooking method can reduce a considerable amount of fat, lowering the chances of illness. You can have a hearty meal with enough nutrition for your health, and family members with a special diet can still enjoy everything.
Now that you’ve gone through the introduction of this dish and learn all of its benefits, there’s no reason why you should reject learning the recipe. Let’s dive into the most anticipated part!
Honey Glazed Roasted Pork For The Holiday
- Wooden spoon
- Medium Pot
- Aluminum foil
- Iron grill tray
- 3 kg leg of pork
- 1 stick of unsaltedbutter
- 3 salt
- 4 sugar
- 200 ml honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degreesC).
- You will start with the meat. Defrost the porkleg and leave it in room temperature for 1 hour before you cook it. Remove thepork’s skin. Wrap the leg in aluminum foil then place it on the grill tray.Leave it in the oven at 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) for 2 hours.
- Now let’s work on making the honey sauce. Usinga wooden spoon, stir together one stick of unsalted butter, 3 tsp salt, 4 tspsugar, 200ml honey in a hot medium pot. You can stop when the result is asmooth paste.
- After 2 hours, remove the tray from the oven. Baking gloves can protect your hands from any accident that involve touchingthe hot oven.
- Remove the aluminum foil lightly until you cansee the upper side. Score the pork diagonally. The tongs can be a great help inmaintaining the balance while you score the surface.
- Spread the paste evenly on the meat. Make sureyou cover all of the cut lines. Put the tray back in the oven and grill for 20minutes at 145 degrees F (63 degrees C)
- After 20 minutes, repeat the previous step andcontinue grilling until the leg has a crisp golden look.
- Remove the aluminum foil by using the tongs. Becareful; it’s very hot. Serve immediately on plates. Decorate with bakedcarrots, potatoes, and tomato salad.
Recipe TipsThe roasted pork will capture everyone’s attention with its mesmerizing aroma and the golden drizzling honey. Thanks to the aluminum foil, you will be able to remove excess fat and still preserve the nutrition. It also saves you the trouble of cleaning the grill tray. If you feel like you’ll need more practice with using the tongs and knife to score the pork, there’s an alternative method. You can add the lines to the meat with the help of the grill basket. The big difference between grilling with the basket and grilling with the tray is that you won’t have to use aluminum foil. All you have to do is place the meat uncovered on the basket. Every time you open the oven door to spread the honey paste on the meat, you can turn the sides to give it the even diagonal lines. Depends on your liking, you can make one or two side dishes to go with this main course. Potato salad with vinegar or fresh broccoli with olive oil are highly recommended. The unique combination of flavors from the honey glazed pork with the vegetables will certainly amaze you.
This post is also available in: English