A Step-by-Step Guide to Make Fresh Coconut Cake with CreamOn May 27, 2021 by admin
Chocolate or pineapple cakes are too ordinary these days. Cake lovers sometimes want to try something different. And that’s where coconut cake enters the chat. It is the best light, airy, and moist coconut cake. If you are a fan of coconut, then you will love this cake for sure. Coconut cake with cream frosting is the best combo to exist. The coconut cake looks so cloudy and pillowy. It has a soft texture, and it melts in your mouth perfectly. It has a deep coconut flavor along with a hint of creamy flavor. It’s the best cake for tropical birthday parties or weddings. Make sure you chill the cake in a commercial upright fridge for the best flavor. Without any further delay, let’s find out the best way to make coconut cake with cream.
Recipe Name: Coconut Cake with Cream Frosting
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1-box of coconut cake mix
- ½ cup self-rising flour
- 14 oz. condensed milk (sweetened)
- 7 oz. flaked coconut (sweetened)
- 15 oz. coconut cream
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 oz. frozen fresh coconut
- 2 cups heavy cream
Prepare the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take a 13 x 9 x 2-inch non-stick metal pan or baking sheet and grease it with cooking spray or oil.
- Prepare the cake according to the directions of the cake mix box.
- Add self-rising flour and half of the flaked coconut in the batter.
- Bake the cake according to the directions, or until the top of the cake is golden.
- Put a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean without any cake crumbs on it, then the cake is ready.
- Remove the cake from the oven and use a fork to poke holes into the hot cake.
Prepare the Coconut Cream Filling:
- Take a mixing bowl. Pour coconut cream and condensed milk into the bowl.
- Whisk these ingredients together.
- Now pour this mixture on top of the hot cake.
- Make sure you spread this mixture evenly, allowing it to enter the holes of the cake.
- Allow the cake to chill in the refrigerator overnight.
Prepare the Frosting:
- Add heavy cream, sugar, softened cream cheese, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Beat all ingredients for a few minutes or until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Spread this on the top of the cake evenly.
- Take a bowl and pour thawed frozen coconut and flaked coconut in the bowl.
- Toss them together for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle this on the top of the cake over the frosting.
- Make sure you cover the whole cake with these sprinkles.
- Chill for 24 hours before serving.
- If you have coconut extract, use this instead of vanilla extract.
- You can also use almond extract.
- You can also prepare the cake in layers using the same procedure.
- If you don’t have condensed milk, you can use sweetened coconut milk.
- Make sure that all ingredients are at room temperature once you start making the cake.